mod Air Purifier
Cleans 1,268 sq ft (2 air changes per hour)
+ Free Shipping (in US)
Our most popular large room air purifier. Cleans the largest spaces with best in class quietness due to an energy efficient motor and intuitive swipe-touch control system. Easily turns any office, conference room, bedroom, living room, or common area into a clean one.
- Bedroom, Office
- Living Room
- Large Living Areas
- Pet Dander,
- Pollution (vehicle, gas stoves),
- Smoke, Smog,
- Bacteria, Viruses,
- Powerful Purifier for Large Rooms: Cleans 1,268 square feet with 2 air changes per hour (524 with 5 air changes per hour) based on a smoke CADR of 338. Ideal for large spaces in your home.
- All-in-One Filter: The 3-in-1 filter includes a mesh pre-filter for large visible particles, pleated HEPA filter media for small virus, pet dander, pollen, and dust particles, and activated carbon for wildfire smoke and VOCs.
- Independently Certified: Third-party lab certified for performance, efficiency, and safety by ENERGY STAR®️, AHAM, and CARB. Filter efficiency is independently tested to remove 99.4% of particles at 0.02 microns. For context, a strand of human hair is 70 microns.
- Trusted By Health Experts: As seen in the National Institutes of Health during PBS American Masters: Dr. Tony Fauci. Same brand chosen for the Javits Center temporary COVID field hospital.
- Quiet and Powerful: 12 fan speed settings let you get the right air flow and comfortable noise level.
Quick and Easy to Set Up: Takes around the same amount of time to brush your teeth. See video of set-up. Note: Remove air filter inside unit and unwrap from protective plastic wrap before operating.
Replacement Filters That Last: Just one easy-to-replace filter that lasts 12 months. Find Mod Replacement Filters here.
Orders placed by 2 pm Eastern Time Monday through Friday usually ship same day.
Powerful Air Cleaning That's Simple To Use
Just because it’s invisible, doesn’t mean it’s clean. EPA studies show that indoor air is 2 to 5 times more polluted — and sometimes 100 times more polluted — than outdoor air.
Since most of us spend about 90 percent of our time indoors, poor air quality can directly lead to health issues like asthma, allergies, increased illness, increased risk of heart attack and stroke, and surprising things like decreased productivity and performance.
We’ve built the Mod air purifier to be a simple, worry free solution. Its performance is strong, cleaning 1,268 square feet with 2 air changes per hour. Initial set up is simple and takes just seconds.
We've engineered the Mod to have powerful performance. So you get clean, reliable air at an affordable price without the gimmicks. Guaranteed to protect your health for years to come.
No Air By-Pass
No air by-pass so all the air is filtered. This is a huge feature and is one reason we have superior air filtration performance. Other air purifiers often have openings that leak unfiltered air, making them inefficient (which means more energy needs to be used to clean the same amount of air, and more energy used means a higher energy bill).
Revolutionary 3-in-1 Filter
Effective against viruses, bacteria, dust, pet dander, allergens, fine particles, smoke, VOCs, pollutants, and gases.
Latest Japanese engineered EC motor is quieter and uses up to 90% less energy.
Surprisingly Easy to Use
Control by touch: simply slide a finger along the fan speed arc to set the precise air flow. Compact and lightweight: at just 23 lbs, Mod is easy to move between rooms and it’s only 14 inches wide and deep by 25 inches high, fitting almost any space.
|Room Coverage||Cleans most room sizes, up to 1,268 square feet for 2 air changes per hour or 524 square feet for 5 air changes per hour.|
|CADR Rating||EPA ENERGY STAR® CADR
Smoke: 338, Dust: 337, Pollen: 381
|Fan Speeds||12 Fan Speeds (97-350 CFM)|
|Power||77 watts, 120V, 60Hz|
|Filter||One Filter (Pre-filter, HEPA filter media, Activated carbon)|
|Filter Life||12 months|
|Nano-Particle Removal||99.4% at 0.1 microns, 99.4% at 0.02 microns (20 nm)|
|VOC (Formaldehyde) Removal:||76% (in 1 hour test)|
|Noise Level||28–54 dBA|
|Dimensions||14" x 25" x 14" (W x H x D)|
|Controls||Glass user interface. Slide finger to set precise fan speed and find optimal noise level.|
|Where Made||Designed in USA, Assembled in China|
|Certification||Energy Star, CE, ETL, RoHS, California Air Resources Board (Model Number: MD01, EO#: G-20-224)|
Easy To Use
- Simple swipe control to set the fan speed and purification level.
- No apps, air quality censors that let the air get bad before cleaning it, or other unnecessary bells and whistles to complicate use.
- Quick initial set up that takes about the same time to brush your teeth.
- Captures fine particles. Tested down to 0.02 microns.
- The best value air purifier performance for price on the market cleaning 1268 sq ft with 2 air changes per hour.
- Latest motor technology is significantly quieter and uses up to 90% less energy.
- Proudly designed and tested in the USA.
- Air filter that's easy to replace and lasts up to 12 months with normal use.
- Protected by a no hassle manufacturer's warranty and US customer service team.
- Independently tested for safety and efficiency.
- Certified Ozone Safe by the State of California Air Resources Board.
- ETL certified safe, AHAM Verifide for CADR, and ENERGY STAR® certified for efficiency.
The Best Filters
With the Mod HEPA air purifier we combined 3 filters into 1 easy to replace filter – a mesh pre-filter, true HEPA filter and a layer of activated carbon for smells and VOCs.
This cylindrical filter has a convenient carry handle so you never have to touch the dust and fine particles that accumulate on the filter. The Mod HEPA air purifier filter also has seals on both ends to ensure no air bypasses the filter so you can breathe the cleanest air.
The carbon layer will adsorb VOCs and light odors. In a 2 hour test, the Mod removed 88% of formaldehyde.
Note: Dust will accumulate on the outer mesh screen of the filter. This can be vacuumed or wiped with a cloth to clean.
Filter Efficiency By Particle Size
Effective for fine particles, smoke and gases (methane gas, sulfur gases, and many others.)
Performance For Nano-Sized Particles
0.02 microns = 20 nanometers
The Best Motor & Fan
The Mod HEPA air purifier has the best, latest EC motor and fan so it provides higher air flow while being quieter and using much less power. The EC motor is a much-improved technology over the traditional AC motor that nearly every other air purifier uses.
AC motors use technology that was developed in the 1800s, use more energy, have an annoying hum, and are not as reliable. They are common because they are very inexpensive to produce.
We suggest placing the air purifier in the room where you spend most of your time. For most of us, this is a bedroom where the unit stays plugged in and runs 24/7 or whenever you are in the room.
EC Motor Advantages
EC (Electrically Commutated) motors use electronics to convert the AC voltage to DC to run the motor. EC is the latest technology innovation whereas AC motors use technology from nearly 200 years ago. With an AC motor from China, chances are that the copper was wound by hand and the ball bearings are of low quality making it unreliable.
- EC motors are DC so they are more efficient and use up to 90% less power and in the long term can provide significant cost savings.
- Runs cooler so greater reliability.
- More compact
- Has a proven track record in the telecom and computer industry.
- No motor hum that you get with an AC motor.
Why does the motor/fan start and stop more slowly than an AC motor? EC motors have a soft start programmed into the motor to limit the start-up current the motor draws (there are electronics built into the motor).
The ramp down after power is removed is only a function of the inertia of the fan and the friction of the bearing system. A high quality bearing system will take longer to slow down and stop since the friction is minimized (alignment is better, lubricant is better, etc.).
Up to 1,268 sq ft with 2 air changes per hour. Smoke CADR tested up to 343 CFM.
Perfect for large home living areas, offices, healthcare facilities, nursing homes, and any other small to large square footage space that requires portable air cleaning.
The mod is super quiet - in fact the quietest air purifier on the market for the given air flow. And on the lowest fan speeds we could not detect any sound in the sound chamber testing.
CADR Test Results
CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) is the industry standard for ability to reduce smoke, dust, and pollen particles in the 0.10 to 11 micron (μm) particle size range and basis for assessing room size coverage.
CADR Test Standard
Tested per ANSI/AHAM AC-1 by Intertek ETL
How To Unbox And Prepare For Use
How To Replace A Filter
Important: Remove the air filter from the plastic wrap inside the air purifier before use.
Note: To turn off you will need to press and hold the power button for 3 seconds
How long does the filter last? The mod and mod jr. have one combination filter that includes pre-filter, HEPA based filter media, and activated carbon. The filter life is 12 months.
When the filter light is illuminated, does it mean it’s time to replace it? The red filter light will illuminate after 4,500 hours of run time indicating it is time to check the filter. We suggest replacing your filter when you can no longer see white filter media.
How do I clean my filter? Clean the filter with the brush attachment of your vacuum cleaner or wipe with a damp cloth. Cleaning your filter every few months can prolong filter life and help you get the best value for your purchase.
How do I replace the filter?
1. Turn off and unplug the purifier.
2. Flip the purifier upside down and place it on a non-scratch surface with the base facing up.
3. Move the slide switch to the right to unlock. Grab the base and turn it counterclockwise to loosen. Lift off the base of the purifier. Pull the handle of the air filter to lift it out.
4. Insert new filter with handle facing out. Twist the handle slightly to ensure it is fully seated in the housing.
5. Place the purifier base back on the housing lining up the arrows of the base. Turn the base clockwise to tighten. Move the slide switch to the left to lock. Flip the purifier over onto the base and plug back in and turn on.
How do I reset the Filter light? Press and hold the filter on the interface until the light goes from red to blue.
What if my interface is not adjusting the fan speed? It takes a moment for the interface to recognize touch, so place your finger on the fan speed scale until you see the interface light up. Then you can adjust the fan speed to your liking.
Why is the fan speed decreasing for a moment without me touching it? When the unit is operating at a high speed continuously, the motor will slow down intermittently to extend the life of the motor.
How do I turn my purifier on? Press the power button for a moment and release. Do not hold it down. The interface will light up when powered on.
How do I turn my purifier off? Press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
How can I clean the outside of my purifier? Use a clean, dry, soft cloth to wipe the external surfaces. Never use any chemical or harsh cleaners.
Brands Using Oransi
Oransi air purifiers are used by some of the leading companies, medical centers, government organizations and universities. We are delighted to be able to provide clean air to so many quality organizations.
mod Air Purifier
Cleans 1,268 sq ft (2 air changes per hour)
+ Free Shipping
Reviews & Questions
Still Have Questions?
The mod Air Purifier is a high-performing product that is the result of over 1,000 engineering hours. Naturally, you may have some questions for us. Luckily, we have the answers.