Best Indoor Air Purifier
Your home should be a haven — and right now, many of us are both working and living in our homes. While the pandemic continues to rage, and we're still staying indoors because of lock down and quarantine, we’re breathing our home’s air and all of its impurities much more.
These impurities can cause health problems, lead to general discomfort, or simply reduce your quality of life. This is why indoor air purifiers are so valuable.
We want to assist you in your quest to find the best indoor air purifier possible for your home. We want to help you cut through the jargon on your way to finding the unit you need. Take a look at our handy guide and discover the indoor air purifier that perfectly fits your space.
What Makes An Air Purifier Suitable For Indoor Use?
It can remove pathogens and allergens
One of the most important aspects of an indoor air purifier is that it keeps your air healthy. Ensure your air purifier is rated to remove bacteria, mold spores, and allergens from the air in your space.
It does not intrude on your space
Space is at a premium and you need an effective air purifier, but also one that will look good in your home. Consider where you’ll place your air purifier (more on that later) and then select a unit that features the right dimensions and design to fit your interior aesthetic.
It is easily portable
You’ll likely need to move your air purifier around to different parts of your home. With this in mind, you’ll want an air purifier that can easily be moved from one location to another.
It is energy efficient
To get the best performance from the purifier, it will need to be left running for extended periods of time.
If you want an environmentally-friendly model that will keep your household energy bills nice and low, invest in a unit with a good energy-efficiency rating. The investment will be paid back in the long term as you reduce your energy costs.
It is able to handle the space
What kind of space are you working with? If you simply want to purify the air in a small room or localized space, you won't need a large-scale device. However, for larger rooms or a whole-house solution, you will need a unit with a higher capacity.
Measure your floor space in square feet and compare this with the specifications of different purifier units. If the square footage isn’t listed, don’t assume their definition of “large room” is the same as yours. A large room in a Manhattan apartment is very different from a large room in a house in Texas.
What Is The Best Air Purifier For The Indoors?
Best large room and whole-house air purifiers
The Mod+ is a powerful air purifier and designed for use in residential spaces. It has a 3-in-1 filter is made of a mesh pre-filter, HEPA filter based media that is pleated, and activated carbon.
The Mod+ air purifier is highly effective even when dealing with particles of very small sizes. It has been shown to remove 99.4% of airborne particles as tiny as 0.02 microns in size.
Best Small Room Indoor Air Purifiers
The Mod Jr. is the same design as the Mod+ but it cleans a smaller room size at 878 square feet with two air changes per hour.
The Mod Jr. has one combination filter and a strong motor. This is the safest air cleaning method because it only filters out particles in your air and doesn't create any potentially harmful byproducts like ozone.
Where Should You Place An Air Purifier Indoors?
- Consider bedrooms and living rooms, as you will be spending a large amount of time in these spaces.
- If you want to achieve whole-house purification, you'll need a large unit in a centralized location in the home or many smaller units in strategic locations.
- Make sure the vents of the air purifier are not blocked or obstructed in any way.
- If you can identify the source of impurities in the air, move the air purifier close to the source. However, in the case of mold or other harmful impurities, you should take steps to remove them permanently.
- Smaller air purifiers may need to be placed at a higher level to achieve optimal efficiency. Place these units on a small platform or table between 3 and 5 feet above floor level.
- Place the air purifier unit in an easily visible location so you can access the controls and check when the filter needs to be changed. Make sure you can easily access the filters when a change is required.
- Choose a location with a high level of airflow to achieve the very best results from your air purifier.
Find The Best Air Purifier For Your Indoor Space
We want to make it as easy as possible to find the best indoor air purifier for your space. Hopefully, you now have all the information you need and are ready to make your selection from our product range.
However, if you still have a question or need further information about these handy units, just give us a call at 888-281-3948. Our Customer Service reps in Texas and North Carolina are available 9-6 EST and here to make your life easier.